Nightfall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightfall

A Modern Day Werewolf/Vampire role play (NOT TWILIGHT)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nightfall: Chapter 1

Go down 
+7
Haytham
NightProwler
Fel
Skippy
The One Mask
Xazhi
VoodooCarpet
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

Nightfall: Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 am

I was bored. We'd actually captured a Nightbane soldier and the bastard wasn't talking, even with all the interrogation.

"Hey, wakey, wakey." I gently tapped his cheek to get his attention with mock-care. "Where's your camp?"

He spat in my face.

"There wasn't any need for that." I punched him, knocking a tooth to the ground along with a large amount of blood."

"ETHAN!" I stopped.

"Yes, brother?"

"The man needs his teeth to speak. Let me try to convince him."

I sighed and walked out of the room into the security room, observing the cameras.
Back to top Go down
https://nfrp.rpg-board.net
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 am

=The old man had been walking for many months now, across the county. Recently, he had ended up in New York City, a place where there were so many people he would probably never be noticed, but more than enough people that he should still watch his back. Though, in his age and experience, he could probably fend off at least a few attackers, depending on who they were. He continued walking down the street, not looking for anything in particular=
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 am

He wasn't talking, and there was a lot of blood on the ground.

"We need to end this, soon. I'd rather get back home without the authorities after us."

"You're right. Kill him."

"Finally."

I walked into the blood splattered room with my pistol drawn.

"What now dog? Come to end it? Do it. I don't fear dying.

I admired Nightbane commanders. They were brave men. But, he needed to die.
I aim the pistol at his head, before placing a single round in his forehead.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:32 am

=i was walking around the streets of New York. I had two butterfly knives in my pockets, with one of my standard knives in a holster on my leg under my loos jeans. I was wearing a dark grey jacket, with the hood pulled up around my neck like a makeshift scarf. I was headed to a deal, which was why I was so well armed. I was a messenger, any package or letter I would deliver. I was nicknamed the Blood, since I always was paid in blood packs, or coolers, or whatever. No one questioned it, but on the odd chance I had a new customer, I would always say I have someone in the hospital who needs blood transfusions and leave it at that. My face paint was on, the silver lines glinting in the sunlight. I made sure to keep my stance and walk speed normal. Living a few hundred years among humans made me know how to blend in=
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

I place my weapon back in its' hiding spot.

The two other Werewolves follow me out of the safehouse.
I turn to our current pack leader.

"Where are we going to next?"

There's a rumour of a Vamp in Manhattan, we need to deal with it. We're getting a plane over in a few hours, once we're there, we split up and hunt it alone.

I nod, getting into the car we had arrived in.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 am

=After a while of walking, he spotted something a little... off. A man walking down the street with silver facial paint. He closed his eyes for a moment, and 'looked' around. He saw it, clear as day. This one was a vampire. Most interesting, considering the location and the time. In the modern age it didn't seem so common to come across fellow enemies of the Nightbane. He approached, but stayed a little ways back. He knew that if he looked, the vampire would see him. He may have blended in at a glance, but upon closer inspection there was definitely something more old-fashioned about him than most...=
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 am

I hated flying.

I sat fidgeting all the way to New York City. Fortunately, we weren't far away. But I didn't pay attention to names.

As we entered the airport, I looked around at the place. It was dreary compared to home. The pack leader looked at me.

"You're one of our best trackers. Find the blood sucker."

I nodded and turned away, exiting the building and hailing a cab.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am

=i turned a corner, and started heading towards the warehouses. I always met there. It was a few miles from my drop house, where I kept my blood bags in freezers, which in turn was also a few miles away from my real house where I slept and entertained friends. The warehouses were perfect due to their tight, enclosed locations. Also, any package that wasn't ready yet could simply be hidden among all the items already in storage. I was quite a ways away from them, but I could see them easily=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 am

=He continues following the vampire without making any suspicious moves. He simply followed and observed. He looked almost 1/25 his age, and that might play in his advantage if the vampire became aware of him. He didn't look very threatening at all. At least, not now=
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

I hated New York as well as flying. The smells were overwhelming. I could smell Vamps everywhere. There was obviously more than one. Or one that had been here for a long time. Still, it was loud, smelly and I was starting to get pissed off at my cab driver.

"Stop! I'm walking!"

I paid my fare and climbed out, walking down the pavement. The vamp smell was stronger. I was getting closer to him, I could feel it in my gut.

Time to die blood suckers.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 am

=i felt like I was being followed. Just a prickling on the back of my neck. I made sure my hands were in my pockets, around my knives. I didn't want to be ambushed. I could probably handle whatever came my way, but that didn't mean I wanted to have to act. I just wanted to deliver this package and be on my way=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 am

=He felt another presence approaching... Quickly, too. He couldn't quite determine what he was sensing, but one thing was clear: There was malice in it's heart. He sniffed the air a bit, and picked something up. Gunpowder. He could only guess that it was the approaching- Lycanthrope. That's what it was. He could feel it now, as it got closer. It was another lycanthrope. He bit his tongue, hard. Just to cause enough pain to activate his magic. He heated up his ring, the metal in his wristbands, and his necklace and belt. As the burning set in, he began to feel the power. He spoke very quietly under his breath=
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 am

I could taste something. It was an odd taste, metallic, tangy. I didn't recognise it. But I could smell something too. A Werewolf, but not of my pack.

A rogue? This day gets better and better/

I sniffed the air again and located the other Werewolf. It was close. I adopted a hunting tactic, staying near humans to hide myself from its nose.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 am

I stood in my apartment, watching out at a curious scene below. To any casual passer-by, it would be nothing more than people in the middle of their business, but i had watched people for a long time. And this was different. One was marching towards another, quite fast too. And one watched from across the street. He wasn't actually looking, but his behaviour was one of that which was watching.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

=i'm at the warehouses now. I open the door and close it behind me. My contact was here. The lights were more like spot lights, illuminating one area below them rather than a large area. I pulled my hood up over my head to block the light, just in case he was a snitch, a cop, or anyone else similar to that. I could hear his heartbeat. He was calm, if slightly agitated. I was on time, so I'm guess he had trouble getting here. I walked over, picking my way through all the crates. I could also hear another heartbeat, faster, more nervous. I hoped it was his backup, rather than the package. I didn't do live deliveries=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 am

=He felt a shift of direction, as well as another presence. The first one had altered it's course. He couldn't tell quite where it was heading, but it had slowed. A hunting technique, it seemed. He closed his eyes, and looked around again. One may be able to hide from a lycan's nose, but none from a Wizard's eyes... He opened his eyes again and kept walking, wary of the other lycanthrope...=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 am

I give a little sigh and turn to face my apartment. It was cosy, if a little on the reinforced side. But then I couldn't take any chances when it came to my night cycles. The door was triple reinforced titanium, only opened by a mechanism that could only work during the day. My windows were super thick, shatter, bullet and safety glass. The walls were 4 layers of solid concrete, each 5 inches thick.

It was an expensive apartment. But money was just one of those things that accumulated when you spent 800 years alive.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

=i walked up to him. He had a brown t-shirt on, with semi-tight jeans. He has sunglasses on, meaning he's like me, cautious. I stop a distance away=
I don't do live deliveries.

"What?"

=he wasn't expecting that statement=
There is a second person here. If they are the package, then you need to find someone else.

"....It's not a live delivery."

Then who is the second person.

"My backup. I have heard of you, Blood. I know sometimes people end up dead with no blood left in their body."

=he was referencing whenever someone tried to screw me over on a payment=
As long as you don't try to screw me over, that won't happen. Where's the package and where is it going?

"It's a small package, can easily fit in your pocket. I need it delivered to the address printed on it."

=he grabs a small box, about the size of a knife-box and hands it out to me. I grab it and look it over. The address is across the town=
Why not just use postal?

"Postal has a habit of...losing my packages to this address."

Dangerous?

"Yes."

Fragile?

"No."

How quickly?

"As soon as possible, but anytime within in this week."

Six packs. Three now, three after.

"Done. Do I hand them to you or...?"

I have a place. Give me your arm.

=he stuck his arm out and I grabbed a nearby pen from a clipboard. I wrote on his arm the address of my drop house before stepping back and putting the package in my jacket pocket=
I'll meet you here after the drop.

"How will I know when you are done?"

When I show up. Noon on the day it's done. I'll be here.

=i nodded to him=
Good day.

=i turned and walked away, going out the door, back out onto the streets=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi

Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:01 pm

=He felt one of the presences leave, the more distant of the two. This was good. It would mean he'd be able to focus solely on the Lycanthrope. He waited to see what he would do while moving around in the crowd, mainly making an almost pace-like pattern=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 pm

I walk over to my fridge, opening it and taking out the cup inside. It was like one you get at a fast food place. Except what was contained inside was no ordinary drink. Before i take a sip through the straw, i count the number i have left. It came to four. That was plenty. I give a small sigh and take a drink, washing the rusty taste around my mouth. It was better warm, but one had to settle for a safe life in exchange for preferences. I walked back over to the window and watched again. One of them had gone, but the one chasing was still there, moving towards what i could only assume was the others old direction.
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I sit down on my couch in my house. A rather large T.v. sat in front of me on a wooden table.
The table is kinda worn but I was never the 'modern' type. I'm an... oldie I guess you could say.
Which is strange, because I live in New York City, one of the most modern cities there is.
I don't know why I moved here from my old home. It wasn't too hard though, actually. It was rather easy.

I only have a bed, dresser, some clothes, a couch and a Tv with a stand. Easily fitting in this big house.
Well, big house to me. It's actually a 'apartment' or something like that. Something small on other standards.
It doesn't have a cellar though, something I had back in my old house. Which reminds me.
How will I manage to keep the beast inside during incidents? There isn't anywhere to hide.
What a careless move on my part. Oh hey... pun.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 pm

=i walked through the crowds, moving with the streams to head towards my drop house. I kept my packaging items there, as well as my pending notices and meets. There was absolutely nothing there that connected to my real home, save for a single picture of someone I once knew=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 am

I take a sigh as I walk to my door and open it. Striding across the hallway and entering the room opposite, I give a small shake of my head. This was what I was employed for. The assassination of other assassins. I place my drink down on the one desk in the room and take hold of the rifle. I lean my head down to look through the scope and track my target. It was the first person I had seen before out of the three.
Back to top Go down
VoodooCarpet
Ninja Master
VoodooCarpet

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 am

A Werewolf fight in the streets of New York was not going to go down well with any of the Priests, many of whom wished Werewolves to become public knowledge, at least around Nightfall. But I had an oath to follow.

The scent of the other Werewolf was strong now, possibly in sight. I had to watch for the slightest give aways that Werewolves express. More aggressive body language, looking bigger than most others... It was these traits that let skilled Nightbane find us, but they also kept other wolves thinking twice about attacking. As a hunter, I had none of the need to fear others. I'd been trained for this
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:44 am

=i walked through the busy streets, occasionally pushing aside someone who had stopped in my way or was busy doing something else. I did it gently, so as not to disturb them. I just wanted to be on my way and get to my drop house to await my payment. I kept moving, trying to fight back the urge to speed up and run=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 1   Nightfall: Chapter 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightfall: Chapter 1
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next