Nightfall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightfall

A Modern Day Werewolf/Vampire role play (NOT TWILIGHT)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nightfall: Chapter 4

Go down 
+7
Grey Fox
Saarthal
Haytham
Cel
The One Mask
NightProwler
Jeremy Hunter
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
The One Mask

The One Mask

Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

(S)
=i shake my head=
You still aren't making sense to me. You're telling me that Nick Knight, a vampire himself, wants all of us vampires dead. That means he wants to die, and with all the time spent building up this town, I'm fairly certain he doesn't want to die.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

I smile, looking at you.
"That's perfect. It's exactly what he wants you, and all other Vampires like you, to think."

I stare at the sky, and close me eyes, smiling. "He destroyed my race, you know."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm

(S)
=i raise an eyebrow=
The other primals, I'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

"Yeah. No idea how he did it, and I don't want to know. Not until I've beaten him, stopped him, destroyed him, and have him gasping and begging for forgiveness in my cold, dead..." I take a breath, panting.

"He destroyed us. No idea how, and until recently I had no idea why. But he did it. Whether you believe me or not about his intent to destroy us, I still need to get revenge for my family and people."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm

(S)
Your family and people? Oh, sorry. Primals. Sometimes I forget we're a family, in a sense.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

I shake my head, sighing a little.
"Each of our species, as they are classed, are families. Primals are family, and Moderns are family. In a sense, Knight is my last relative, my brother, twisted and tortured by his own misguided mental capacity."

I looked back down at Seln, and raised my brow. "What's with the face paint?"
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

(S)
It's part of my beliefs. It's all kinda complicated, but I'll try to simplify it down. Basically, our soul, what was called the Yalom, has a pairing in the afterlife, a Nurel. The Nurel is searching for your Yalom constantly, never stopping or slowing. These lines, known as our Zie, disguise our soul from it's opposite. Our Zie hides our Yalom from it's Nurel. At the point of death, our Yelom and Nurel meet, and obliterate each other, spreading their energies into the universe to be used for new life. But, they also show a relationship with a significant other because one can only be accepted into the after life once they find a mate, and we have a kinda second soul and I've lost you by now, haven't I?

=i was gesturing the entire time, trying to better illustrate and by the end I just put my hands down in a kind-of non-verbal sigh=
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

I scratched my head for a moment, thinking.
Sounded like a deluded version of Scientology...

"I uh... no no, it sounds like... a very... personal belief and I wont comment on it."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 pm

(S)
=i chuckle=
It's fine. The rest of the people who believed the same as me died out about the time the Nightbane came into power, since we all couldn't wait to become a blood-sucker or a furry. Next step in evolution, basically.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:20 pm

I nodded slowly, scratching my chin.

"Yes... the voluntary changes..." It got me thinking for a moment.
"Well, points aside, I called you here because one, you seem the most against my word, and two, you seem the most capable of the group."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm

(S)
=i smile=
Ah, now you know why you wanted me here, I see. Well, okay. What's this going to show me?
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

I shake my head, smiling.
"I still don't know why, I'm simply more aware now."
I look over the blue seas, and think for a moment.

"It's going to show you a truth. A harsh truth, I imagine, about the Nightbane, the Wolves, and the Vampires, I suspect."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 pm

(S)
=i nod slowly, still smiling=
Uh huh. Well, feel free to show me. Just no promises on if I understand it, or act on it. I've survived this long be keeping things simple.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 pm

I open the briefcase, and take a deep breath. I was quoting Francis at this point, so I could only hope he'd filled his end of this deal.
I pulled out a single piece of paper, looked at it, smiled, and handed it over to Seln. I hoped he'd understand it.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

(S)
=i took the paper and read it, my smile fading as I read down it's entirety. I get to the bottom, and reread it. Making sure I didn't miss anything. Once I'm done, I look at Soren, face extremely serious with no hint of my usual humor=
This is legit?
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

"My contact has his own contacts that seep into every single organisation in the world. He has links in every communications group and special operations form in the entirety of the hunters underground. This came directly from the Nightbane, right down to the paper."

Indeed, many things the Nightbane did were to ensure forging was impossible for them. Thankfully, corruption wasn't as impossible.
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:45 pm

(S)
So this, all but showing me that Nick Knight has ties to the Nightbane, is legit. It's not fake, it's not some play, it's true.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

I nod, cringing a little. I wasn't actually sure, but Francis hadn't steered me wrong in his time yet. This was probably worth his entire life.

"It's as true as it can be. And it shows that there is more to him than many think."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

(S)
=i sigh=
I hate Nightbane. But I hate liars more. If I find out this is false, all of my fury is will be redirected at you.

=i clench my fist around the paper while looking Soren in the eye, the silver paint highlighting the anger in my eyes=
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 pm

I nod, my face unchanging as you speak.
"I understand entirely. But I am not lying."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm

(S)
=i unclench my fist and hand him back the paper. I close my eyes, and send the anger away and bring up the humor and laid-back attitude, making my face relax back to where it was before=
Good. So, what's next?

=i open my eyes and smile softly at Soren=
I got most of my weapons over in one of his safehouses.
Back to top Go down
Grey Fox

Grey Fox

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I nod, and grin a little.
"That's good, good. We can go and pick them up right now. I was able to borrow a boat from my contact, along with a large supply of weapons and ammunition, so we should be covered."
Back to top Go down
The One Mask

The One Mask

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm

(S)
=i nod=
Okay. Well, I'm ready whenever, I don't have anything to do today. Except probably kill someone.
Back to top Go down
Cel

Cel

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 am

(L)

I groan, and slowly open my eyes. Rays from the window hit my face, I clench my eyes back shut. I raise myself up a little, trying to ignore my headache.

"Ugh... what happened..?"
Back to top Go down
NightProwler

NightProwler

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 am

(Anton)

--Hours after the meeting--

=I head up towards the docks in my car, more to just get out of the apartment and explore=

This is the first time in my life I've really had nothing to do at all...and it feels so deserved...

=I then spot two very familiar faces=

Well...time to play a bit of catch up, and tell Soren a bit of good news...

=I roll up and park the car, heading over to the two of them=

Morning gentlemen, am I interrupting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightfall: Chapter 4   Nightfall: Chapter 4 - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightfall: Chapter 4
Page 17 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next